Thursday, April 10, 2014

Pregnancy Update: 39 Weeks

Still no Ellis!  Our sweet girl is taking her sweet time and as Lane says "She must like being in your tummy better than coming out."  He also told me "Mommy, I love Ellis so much even though she isn't even here yet!"  Gotta love that kid!  

He was feeling pretty peppy for our weekly chalkboard picture this week and kept making funny faces!  I had mentioned that this would hopefully be our last one, so he turned on the silliness!  I find myself 4 days away from my due date now, so he may have to gear up for one more picture on Monday when I'll be 40 weeks.  I wish I had a crystal ball to predict the future!


On Tuesday, I went in for my 39 week checkup with Dr. Schneider.  I was hoping for a big change when she checked my cervix, but no such luck.  Last week I was at a 2 and this week she said "I could maybe call you a tight 3" with a smile on her face as if she was just trying to make me feel better!  I was about 50% effaced, and she said I could go into labor tomorrow or it could be another week.  She has always said she would only allow me to go one week after my due date without inducing.  Let's hope this baby decides to make her appearance on her own!

Here are the rest of the details from the doctor visit:

  • Blood pressure normal--120/78
  • Baby's heart rate was in the 150's
  • I lost 0.8lbs since last week, bringing my total weight gain down to 20 lbs and some change

Since my appointment I have had increased contractions here and there throughout the day/night, but nothing major.  We are crossing our fingers we get a baby this weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment