Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend 2014

Memorial Day weekend was sort of our last, full weekend in Austin before our move.  The next weekend we were in DFW for Ellis' Sip & See and a birthday party, and the next weekend was spent frantically packing before the move-out.  We planned a big garage sale for that Saturday to purge some of the things we just didn't need anymore.  It is amazing how much can be accumulated in just 2 years!  Prepping for the garage sale was torturous, but we got everything outside and ready bright and early that morning.  Before Kyle even finished putting the signs out, we had about 5 cars unloading and playing let's make a deal.  

Luckily, Ellis and Lane slept late, and when E woke up, I quickly fed her inside and headed back out to help Kyle.  She slept the whole rest of the time in my arms.  Lane had fun playing with the neighbor kids outside while we worked.

How many people do you think asked "How much for the baby?"  Answer:  Almost all of them.


We finished up pretty early and headed inside.  Lane's friend Breck from next door came over for a while to play.  Lane LOVES Breck.  He is a couple years older than Lane, so Lane thinks he is pretty cool.  They enjoyed some mac n' cheese for lunch and headed back upstairs to play in the playroom for the rest of the afternoon.
 


We stayed home and took it easy Saturday night, and Sunday we went out for a family dinner at a restaurant we had been wanting to try before we moved.  Since it was Memorial Day Weekend, I dressed the kids in red/white/blue.  I just love a kiddo dressed in patriotic colors!


Daddy didn't get the patriotic memo, so he snapped a picture of his 3 loves who were sporting red, white, and blue!  I love how Lane is holding Ellis' foot!
 


Lane agreed to the picture, but only with his microphone and microscope in his pocket.
 


Some snapshots of the little lady in her patriotic attire.

 



We went to dinner at Salty Sow, and we both loved it!  I have really branched out on my food preferences and will try new things way more than I ever used to.  We got some special deviled eggs and duck fat fries with an egg on top.  These were the 2 recommended appetizers that the restaurant was well known for.  If you would have asked me to try this 10 years ago I would probably have gagged just thinking about it.  I have to say, both were really, really good!  Our meals were really good too, and the presentation was unique.  I got braised short ribs with potatoes and carrots that came in a little skillet.  I didn't take a picture, but ate every bite!


Salty Sow gets 2 thumbs up!  (Even though Lane took his own little dinner in his lunchbox.)


Monday was Memorial Day, and also my Mom's birthday!  We hated to miss it, but planned to celebrate it the next weekend when we would be in town.  I apologize for the alarming number of pictures of Ellis following this paragraph.  We got dressed in our red, white and blue again and headed to Kyle's boss, Dave's house for a going away dinner.  Ellis' outfit was so simple, but paired with her tiny flag bow, I thought she looked adorable!  She was so alert and happy, so I just kept snapping pictures like crazy!  I still think these are some of the cutest pictures she has ever taken, and most of them are from my iphone!





My favorite...











  



The first of many "twin" outfits for Mommy and Ellis!  Navy tops with red skinnies for the win!

 


We had a great time at Dave and his wife Allie's house.  Dave did the same exact MBA program at Kellogg as Kyle did, so Allie had lots of tips and recommendations for me!

Cuddling a bit in Lane's bed before calling it a night.

 


And I will leave you with a  little entertainment.  Since we couldn't be with Mums on her birthday, Lane serenaded her on his new guitar.  My very own little Blake and Miranda!   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment