Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

Sunday, May 11th was Mother's Day.  This one was extra special for me because I now have TWO reasons to celebrate!   I bought the kids' tees from  Old Navy a while ago and got some to put away for Father's Day, as well!
 


Ellis Paige sure made this Mother's Day that much sweeter!  



And this nutty boy is the one who made me a mom in the first place!

 


Being a mommy was my ultimate goal growing up, and I couldn't have asked for better kids than the ones I've been blessed with!


We had a pretty relaxing morning, but got the dreaded text that afternoon that a realtor was wanting to show the house that evening.  We already had dinner reservations at one of my favorite restaurants that night, so the showing kind of put a kink in our timing.  With a newborn, it is hard to get out of the house with feedings and such, so I got a QUICK shower in, threw my hair up in a pony tail, fed the baby, and we got out of there early so they could show the house while we were at dinner.  We went to Carmelo's--an old Austin favorite of mine and Kyle's!  We used to go on fancy dates here when he was in school at UT. 


Sidenote 1:  I was not looking my best that night.  Yikes!  At least the kids looked adorable in their yellow!
Sidenote 2:  The people who viewed the house that night are the ones who ended up buying the house, so it was all worth it!


Our favorite thing to get at Carmelo's is the Steak Diane.  It is cooked table side and is so delicious!  Steak with a yummy sauce, onions, tomatoes, and mushrooms--plus a side of the most delicious fetuccine alfredo ever!  Lane liked watching them cook it from Daddy's lap.



It was a great Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment