Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Week in Pictures {May 19 - May 23, 2014}

This was a busy, fun week!  Lane had his very last day at Noah's Ark Preschool on Tuesday, May 20th.  They had "Splash Day" that day, so he got to wear his swim suit to school.  We took our last day of school pictures when we got there that morning.

 

Here he is on the first day of school and his last day.  He grew a whole brick!  It's amazing how much he changes each year.  From a baby face to a big boy!

 

Ellis and I played together at home while Lane was at school.  I got some cute pics of her in the swing!






Lane had a great last day!  They splashed outside all morning and then changed into dry clothes and had pizza and dessert inside.  Last year, the parents were always invited to their holiday parties, but this year we never were.  I hated to miss out on events, but his teachers were good about posting pictures on the class website!  Overall, Lane had a great year!  I was so happy with his teachers, Ms. Michelle and Ms. Leticia.  They were patient but firm, and very loving and complimentary of Lane!  We will miss them! 


I had my 6 week post partum checkup that week and both kids had to come along.  Lane was really well behaved and Ellis slept!  It was a long, long wait to see the Dr., but thankfully they were well behaved!



Lane drew this picture while we waited.  That's Ellis on the left and me on the right.  He said she was crying and I was running to get her!  A pretty accurate description of what I have been up to lately!  He even added a bow on Ellis' head.  (See the two circles??)
 


Ellis with Dr. Schneider, who delivered her.  After she was born, Dr. S had to rush to another patient, so I never got to take a pic with her!


Since Lane was so well behaved at the appointment, we went to lunch at one of his favorite Austin restaurants, Mama Fu's.  This kid can scarf some Ninja Noodles with carrots!



Another day that week, we were running some errands near Firehouse Subs, and I took Lane there thinking he would love it!!  He loved the decor and free hat, but didn't like his sandwich.  (Of course...)


Popsicles on a hot day!  Kicking off his summer right!


Ellis getting in a little tummy time.  We finally got out some of Lane's old toys for her to look at!  He always loved this rainforest crib toy!




Trying to make sister smile!






Looking super cute after her bath!





We met Kyle for lunch downtown one day this week.  We sure ate out a lot this week!  I blame it on my lack of time with two kiddos.  It gets better, right??

Lunch at Wahoo's.  I love this place!


He actually begged to take a picture!  Wanted to stand next to this huge surf board.


He sure loves his Daddy!
 


After lunch, we drove to North Austin to a camera store to get a replacement lens for the one I broke the week before.  There was a really cool toy store next door that I never knew about.  Lane had birthday money left over from Paw and Nonna and decided to make a big purchase.  A real guitar!!  He was so excited when he saw the sample one and kept strumming it and saying "It's just perfect!"  Mommy chipped in a little extra cash to get a carrying case for it, and he went home a very happy little boy!

Ellis is growing, growing, growing!


We were planning on having a garage sale that weekend, so we spent all day Friday preparing for it.  Since the move to Chicago required a significant down sizing in home size, we had to get rid of quite a bit of our belongings!  It was a CHORE getting things organized and ready to sell!  Lane and I took a break from sorting to play in the garage.  He kept finding things he forgot he had and would say "WE CAN'T GET RID OF THIS!!!"  He found a Santa hat that provided hours of fun.  He told me to wear the bucket on his head so I could be his elf!  We sat on my third row seat of my Tahoe, which he said was our sleigh.  Such an imagination, this one!




No comments:

Post a Comment