Monday, March 10, 2014

A "Sprinkle" for Ellis

On February 23, 2014, Kori and my friend Carrie threw me a little "Baby Sprinkle" at Gloria's restaurant in Arlington.  Since I had lots of showers with Lane and have moved away from DFW, I didn't see a need in having a big shower again.  Kori and Carrie insisted on doing something small, so we did a casual lunch with friends.  It was perfect!  The restaurant made it easy because there was no decorating or clean-up!!  I really appreciate them planning it for me! 


The whole group!  Riley's sister Brooke, me, Kori, Tara, Carrie, Ashley and Riley.  

 Two little gentlemen joined us...Riley's nephew Nolan... 


And her baby boy, Carson!  So cute!


Carrie ordered these adorable decorated sugar cookies from a bakery in Dallas that were so delicious!  I loved the sweet monogram and baby girl colors.




I got so many cute, personalized things from everyone.  We pretty much have all of the baby essentials from when Lane was little, so I was excited to get some cute girly items, and I am a sucker for a monogram!!!
 

 



Kori bought Ellis a TINY swimsuit!!  To make it even cuter, she got a matching one for Evin in her size.  There will be two stylin' ladies by the pool this summer!

Ellis got lots of cute clothes, too!




In addition to the cute clothes and personalized items, I was given some diapers and wipes, a car seat blanket and matching travel changing pad, some nursing essentials, a pretty blanket, and a few other goodies!  Thank you, thank you to my sweet friends for all of the gifts.



Claire kept Lane for me during the shower and they had fun playing at the park and her house.  After he got back to Mums' house, he got to open a present from her.  Since Ellis got a bunch of gifts that day, mom got a new book for Lane in honor of his baby sister.  It's called Shhh! Don't Wake the Baby, and is perfect for a rambunctious big brother who will have to keep it quiet at nap and bedtime!
 

 



Later that night, we ran by Kori and Mitch's so I could get a bunch of Evin's old baby clothes and items to borrow.  I ended up leaving with a major haul for Miss Ellis!  Hopefully Kori will have a boy someday and I can return the favor by loaning out all of Lane's clothes and shoes!


A quick pic of me with Ellis' future best gal pal, Evin!

No comments:

Post a Comment