Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pregnancy Update: 24-28 Weeks

12/23/13-1/20/14
Whew!  The last month has flown by!  It seems like just yesterday I was writing my last pregnancy update.  Now, here I am at 28 weeks along and I know the rest of this pregnancy will breeze by as well!  Before we know it, we will be holding our baby girl.

Since my last update, the only real change is the growth of my belly!  It kind of leveled off this month and wasn't quite as much of a growth as it has been in months past.  I don't have any new symptoms, and things have been going smoothly.  I am happiest to say that I am still not getting migraines!  Hooray!  I still get a little bit of acid reflux in the evenings and wake up very thirsty in the mornings.  I am loving eating lots of fruit, especially apples and oranges.  I wake up about 2 times a night to use the restroom and have been enjoying naps {almost} daily with Lane.  That was something I was doing a lot of in my first trimester, then kind of stopped, and now am back on the napping train!  I feel fortunate and a little spoiled that I am able to lay down at the same time as Lane and get a 1-2 hour nap in almost every day, but I guess I will just be thankful and enjoy it now, because I am sure those naps are numbered!  

I feel Ellis kicking often and am getting to where I can tell what type of movement I am feeling.  Most recently I have been feeling big, hard, lumpy movements right under my belly button, which must be her back/bottom, tiny little pokey movements on my lower right side, which feel like hands to me, and jabby little pokes on my upper left side which I am assuming are kicks!  

I had my glucose screening and 28 week appointment this morning and am glad it is over!  I had to be there at 8am, so Kyle took Lane to school for me.  When I got there I learned that my doctor was out AGAIN today.  That makes 3 out of my 5 prenatal appointments where she has been gone.  I had to see the nurse practitioner, which was fine, but Dr. Schneider missing over half of my appointments so far kinda bugs me!  Hopefully she will be able to catch up and be around for the most important time with me--the delivery!  I was pleased to only have gained 2 lbs since my last checkup 5 weeks ago, which makes 16 lbs total, and was happy to see that my blood pressure is still normal.  My belly measurements were right on track and baby girl had a heartbeat of 146.  I of course, had to drink the sugary drink and do the blood work before, at one hour, and again at 2 hours.  Luckily I took my laptop along and got some photography stuff done while I waited.  I will get the results back in a few days and am hoping for good results!

This time in my last pregnancy we were getting the nursery all ready, registering for gifts, planning showers, and putting together baby equipment.  I feel so different this time around!!  First of all, we already have most of the necessary gear and are borrowing a few things from Kori and Mitch.  As far as the nursery goes, we have decided to just wait on putting one together because our lease on the house is up in August, and we just can't justify decorating a nursery just to have to take everything down and move it in such a short time.  The baby will be sleeping in our room for a while after birth anyway, so we will just have to give her a pretty room after we move!  (Wherever that may be...)  It has been exciting to buy baby girl clothes and accessories, though!  I have become a Smocked Auctions stalker on Facebook and have bought a few smocked dresses for our girly girl.  I've also been stocking up on cute outfits throughout the pregnancy and picked out some items to have monogrammed with her name and initials.  There is a lady in my neighborhood that monograms and she came by on Friday to pick up some of my items.  It was so fun picking out fonts and colors and I can't wait to see the finished pieces!  In addition to the cute clothes, I have picked out a few pretty blankets, a new cover for the Boppy, a new diaper bag, and a few other baby necessities in girl colors.  I am also excited that my sister and friend Carrie are planning a little lunch with some girlfriends to celebrate Ellis Paige.  I didn't think I needed a full shower since I had a couple big ones with Lane, but am looking forward to a lunch with friends!  I am planning on having a "Sip n' See" in Mansfield once Ellis is born where people can come by and meet her.  I've never been to one before, but figured with us living out of town this will be a good way for all of our hometown friends and family to come by and meet the Little Miss.

We are super excited for this weekend when we get to have a 3D ultrasound!  I found a Groupon for a place in Georgetown that was a really good deal.  I remember being so excited to see Lane for the first time and am just as excited this time around.  I will post the sonogram pics as soon as we get them this weekend!  Will Ellis look like her big brother Lane??  We shall see!


Here is my 28 week picture with Sheriff Lane and his horse Sparky.  (Lane has done everything but sleep in this costume the past 4 days.)
 


And here is the comparison pic this time around...

No comments:

Post a Comment