Tuesday, February 19, 2013

My Funny Valentine


Lane just makes every holiday that much more fun!  We had a great Valentine's Day this year.  We stretched it out over 2 days because we had a Valentine play date the day before and then celebrated on the actual V-Day.  



Here is the Valentine photo I took this year.  I've done one every year since L was born and I think this one is my favorite!  I was so glad I was able to get his signature in there.  He signed it on a piece of paper with a marker and I used my photo shop skills to put it on the picture.  This idea was adapted from Pinterest, but I put my own spin on it.  I think it turned out so cute!

 


I decorated my mantle with a little ribbon garland that I found at Michael's for 50% off.  I attached past Valentine pictures of our handsome guy with tiny clothespins.  Lane got lots of Valentine cards--all Dinosaurs!



I RSVP'd for a Valentine's play date through the meetup.com website I have used in the past.  It was at a girl's house who had a little girl Lane's age and we were asked to bring Valentine's to pass out.  Lane and I made these dinosaur ones using heart shaped Reece's and Crunch candies.  I just cut out the dinos on scrapbook paper and then glued the hearts on upside down.   


For Lane's school friends I made these.  I changed the saying to "I 'wheelie' like you, Valentine!" and printed the pictures at Staples.  We put a red car in each one and folded over and stapled the card to the baggie.  The back of them had Lane's name again.



I took some pictures of my guy before the play date.  I thought this shirt was so funny!  It is a $5 shirt from Walmart that I found a few months ago.  I love the bow tie and suspenders with "flair."


 


Lane and Mommy--ready for his Valentine party play date!


When we got to the hostess' house Lane went right for the toys.  This is actually the only photo I took the whole time we were there.  It was.....chaotic.  Over 20 kids RSVP'd of all ages and with all the adults, kids, and toys it was pretty crowded.  We stayed for about 30 minutes--exchanged Valentine's, ate a few snacks and got out of there!




The next day was ACTUAL Valentine's Day.  I made Lane a special breakfast of heart shaped pancakes with syrup for dipping, oranges, and pink milk with sprinkles.  



Then we met Daddy downtown for lunch at......you guessed it........Walton's!  



After lunch we ventured over to Toys R Us to buy Gage's birthday party gift for his party that weekend.  Lane had gotten $20 from Paw and $5 from Gran and he decided to spend it there.  He decided on a Little People Noah's Ark set.  He spent then afternoon playing with his new purchase!

I was so excited to get an Amazon package on my doorstep that day.  Kyle got me a new lens for my camera!!  My 50mm 1.8 had broken a couple weeks before, and I was happy to get the 1.4--a nice upgrade!   So nice, that it will double as my Valentine/Birthday gift!  I immediately took it out back and took some pics of my Heart Throb.  The lighting wasn't perfect, and these pictures are un-edited, but still cute!




 

 

 

 

Lane got a package too!  A red football from Mums!


That night, my friend Audra who lives in Austin, texted me saying she saw Lane's picture on the Austin news!  I had emailed it in the day before when I saw they were accepting Valentine pictures.  Then I had totally forgotten about it until she text me!  They actually used his picture as the promo pic on their website!  I took a screenshot of it on my phone.  I had the link, but it has since been taken down.  Lane is famous!!


I hope everyone had a wonderful day of LOVE!

1 comment:

  1. You are SO creative! I love this!! And whoa, Lane, Mr. Austin, Texas! What a cute heart throb!!!!

    ReplyDelete