Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Austin, TX

Well, we made it to Austin and are getting settled in slowly but surely.  Kyle decided to come down last Friday after work to get some things done and go to the football game Saturday.  Lane and I stuck around Mansfield until Sunday, saying our goodbyes to grandmas, grandpas, aunts and uncles.  It didn't hit me until Sunday morning when I was beginning to pack up the last of our belongings at Mums' house that we were actually leaving.  Lane and I had gotten used to Mums' company and he was finally adjusting to not having our old house anymore.  Leaving there was bittersweet.  I was excited about spending more time with Kyle, learning the ropes in a new city, moving into our new house, being a stay at home mom.

BUT......

Mansfield/Arlington has been my home since I was in 5th grade!!!  Almost all of my friends lived close by, and Lane had the best grandparents, aunts, and uncles he could ask for within a few miles of him.  I cried off and on throughout the drive here.  Lane said "It's ok, mommy. Don't cry!"  (which made it worse!)  By about Round Rock I started to get the excitement back.  Kyle was waiting for us and we video taped Lane running upstairs to see his new playroom and bedroom.  He was pretty excited!  All of his toys were back, and his red bed was waiting for him!


We are still getting unpacked and organizing the house.  So far we are loving the media room the most! I will post pictures of the house once it is all set up and decorated.  Until then, here's a small sneak peek of the video we took of Lane seeing the house for the first time.


1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine how hard it was to leave. But, I'm sure you guys will get settled in soon enough and make lots of new buddies. And, Austin isn't that far away. Just a 3 hour drive if you ever need a DFW fix! ;) Can't wait to see more pictures of the house. It looks so nice! :)

    ReplyDelete