Monday, February 17, 2014

Pregnancy Update: 28-30 Weeks

1/20/14-2/3/14


Time for another update!  I am now going to the doctor every 2 weeks, so I am going to try to take a picture every 2 weeks from now on until I start going once a week.  I have a feeling this is when the big changes will be happening!  I am feeling BIG, that's for sure!




Here are the latest deets:

-Since my last update, I found out my glucose test came back normal, so no gestational diabetes!

-I am feeling full faster.  Ellis is taking up a lot of space in my tummy!

-I feel big movements and lots of shaking movements where my whole belly jerks.

-We have almost everything we need for the baby with the exception of a few little things and some "girly" items!

-I am still having to get up at least twice in the middle of the night to use the restroom.  Sometimes 3.  It isn't too bad, except sometimes I have a hard time falling back asleep after I get up.  My mind races and I can't turn my brain back off to get some rest!  It doesn't happen every night, but sometimes I will stay awake for hours at a time before I fall back to sleep, only to have to get right back up to go to the bathroom again!  I guess it's preparing me for those late night feedings I will be doing soon!

-Not necessarily a craving, but a new food I am enjoying that I never did before is berry yogurt.  I have always tried to like yogurt and just never have.  The other day at the store I decided to get a pack of the kids Chobani berry yogurt that my mom likes, and I have been loving it!


30 Week Dr. Checkup:

-Gained a pound in 2 weeks.  Total weight gain 17 lbs.
-Baby's heartbeat was in high 140's
-Blood pressure was 98/60 (normal)
-Baby measuring normal



Things to remember:

-Lane randomly came over to my belly the other day and in a baby talk voice said "Ellis, do you want to see your brother??"  It made me laugh!

-Lane often talks about "When Ellis gets big..." and "When Ellis grows up..."  He usually fills in the blank with something about playing with her or sharing his toys with her.  I honestly think he thinks that she will grow to be his age and he still will be the same age he is now.  They will be a 4 year age difference, so I doubt they will play well together for long since Lane will be so much older, but I sure hope they are good friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment