Monday, October 21, 2013

Firstborn

In 6 short months my firstborn will go from being an only child to a big brother.  Part of me can't wait, but part of me is incredibly sad that things will be different for him.  He is my best friend, my buddy, my "favorite boy" as I call him.  (And he calls me his favorite girl.)  

 



We do EVERYTHING together, except for the times when he is at school.  We even end up sleeping in the same bed almost every night.  Let's hope his fear of the dark eases up before the baby comes or we will be some EXTRA tired parents.



I love our Mommy/Son dates.  
To the movies...
 


Out for ice cream...
 


Out to lunch... 
 

 


Our weekly Wednesday night dinners at Jason's Deli after swimming lessons...




He accompanies me to the car wash...
 


Is my shopping entertainment...
 

 

 
And he does it all with a SMILE on his face!!!!  (Most of the time...)


I know that Lane will be a great big brother.  I see him with his cousin, Evin, and get giddy thinking about him and his brother or sister interacting in the same way.  It isn't their relationship I worry about, it's our relationship.  I love him so much I could burst, and I know he feels the same way about me.  He is always telling me he loves me, that I'm the best Mommy, and that I'm gorgeous, a genius, and the sweetest Mommy.  Yesterday he said "You're the perfect Mommy for me!"  He showers me with hugs and kisses and loves to snuggle.  I know he won't always be this sweet, but I want him to feel the same about me even when there is another little being who I love just as much around.  

I hope our "dates" continue to be special, even though there will be a baby tagging along.  I hope he won't feel left out or jealous when I am having to give the baby my attention.  And I hope that he always knows that I love him with all my heart, even though I will have to share my love with his sibling.  In a few weeks we will find out if he is getting the sister he is hoping for, or the brother who I know he will be best buds with.  And for the next 6 months I will pack in as many Mommy and Lane memories as I can before our world changes...for the better!


No comments:

Post a Comment